“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.”
― Pablo Neruda
February came and disappeared in a blink of an eye, this meant my first week of March not only came as a swift sharp slap in the face, but also this meant I had to emerge from my winter hibernation and get straight to work.
Luckily I love my work and have a lot of exciting projects on the go at the moment. For the first time in my life all my education and studies are coming together to fulfill and make my career possible. It even feels like I may be seeing through the trees again and coming out of the woods. Proving again that no knowledge is a waste and not following the “correct” path sometimes pays off. It is your attitude and determination which gets you on your own path.
Over the last 9 years I have been building upon my knowledge even though at times I wondered what the point was to all of this, I questioned myself and my abilities time and again. However I knew that I had a mission to continue on and this was part of it. Upon reflection it is my next chapter I was preparing myself for. A sense of purpose has always been something I have struggled with, feeling that any purpose was diminished as my struggles got harder. This was just a test of strength and endurance which I had to face head on.
My areas of study are:
- Fine Art
- International Relations
- Languages French / English / Spanish
- Communication Studies
What I am working on this year…
- Finishing my last module in my Philosophy and Psychology Degree. I have just written my psychological study dissertation, which was a phenomenological study on EMOTIONS and ART. I created the study and performed it on two participants and asked them a series of questions on their emotional responses to being shown certain paintings. Then had to write up my report and results. I now have 2 essays left and an exam. I also just registered for my final degree course which is my 60 credit honours subject, you can do it in anything you like so I have chosen to do it in level 2 CREATIVE WRITING as I have about 5 books waiting to be written, on my experiences, art, philosophy and psychology. I can’t believe by October I will be in my 6th and final year of my degree.
- Regarding my own ART and upcoming exhibition in 2016, I am still working on my new collection and hope to be finished by December THIS YEAR!
- As you may be aware I run a nonprofit organisation called ART SAVES LIVES INTERNATIONAL and this month is CELEBRATION OF WOMEN month in honour of International Women’s Day which was on the 8th of March. We have had over 1000 female artists submit work to be involved and to gain a place to be featured on our ASLI blog and NEW E-magazine coming out at the end of March. I am the editor of this magazine and am very excited with this quarterly art publication.
- Also I shall be doing more illustration work later in the year (more details released soon)
There is no turning back now….